Always Take Your Best Shot

Training should never become so grueling that it affects your performance in competition. Think of +20 as similar to an on-deck batter swinging a weighted bat before going to the plate. When that hitter gets to the plate with his normally weighted bat, swinging will feel easier, because the practice swings took extra strength. As an athlete, you need to push yourself hard enough in practice so you feel completely prepared in competition. Mental and physical training is all about putting yourself in the ideal position to succeed. If you are diligent in your preparation, your ability and your confidence will follow closely behind, and you will be able to successfully confront the most imposing challenges.10-MINUTE TOUGHNESS Goal Setting for Greatness Work Sheet Division I Collegiate Quarterback 1. What are the three greatest priorities in your life (please list them in order of importance)? Create an image in your mind of what you would like your life to be like ten years in the future, including as much detail as possible related to your three greatest priorities. 2. What is your ultimate goal in sport? (Be sure your ultimate goal has vision integrity.) 1. God 2. My family 3. My career in football Being inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, as the quarterback with the highest completion percentage and most wins. I see myself giving my induction speech, and I can see a number of my teammates there. I see my coaches there, and I also see my parents and my wife there. I am in love with my wife and happy as a good dad to my kids. I see myself as a good man, honest and spiritual and giving back to the community. My ultimate goal in sport is to become a Hall of Fame NFL quarterback.  List one product goal for the upcoming season and three process goals needed to accomplish it: Product goal: Process goal: Process goal: Process goal: 4. List a second product goal for the upcoming season and three process goals needed to accomplish it: Product goal: Process goal: Lead my team to a conference championship. Be present for and be a team leader at every practice, including weight room (P100). Complete Mental Workouts and Success Logs for every practice and game (M100). Spend at least 30 minutes after practice every day with at least one of the receivers working on 3- and 5-step-drop timing routines (P + 20). 70 percent completion percentage. Be present for and be a team leader at every practice, including weight room (P100). Process goal: Process goal: 5. Describe a material or experiential incentive you will use to reward yourself once you accomplish your season product goal. 6. List the sacrifices it will take on your part for you to achieve your ultimate sport goal. 7. List your character traits that show proof that you have what it takes to achieve your ultimate sport goal. 8. Name a coach or mentor who will review your goals progress by the fifth of every month. Complete mental workouts and Success Logs for every practice and game (M100). Spend at least 30 minutes after practice every day watching game film of upcoming event (M + 20). I am motivated by both material and experiential rewards, so I am going to give myself one for each product goal. Conference champs—a really cool piece of abstract art I have been looking at; 70 percent completion percentage—one of three things: hot-air balloon ride, hang gliding, or skydiving. I will miss out on a lot of social stuff, and I will miss a lot of time with my girlfriend as well. I am a very disciplined and strong person. I know I have the work ethic and talent to accomplish my goals. Jason Selk will review my goals every month. Tappin

Aucun commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.